Regardless of whether you’re vegan or not, you’ve definitely heard other people say before that “eating healthy is expensive”. And veganism is commonly known for being expensive, but that’s just not the case, and I’m going to show you 20+ cheap vegan meals to start cooking this week!
I’m a frugal gal who loves cooking and eating, but you won’t catch me spending a ton of money on my shopping bill every week. Why? Because vegetables, leafy greens, legumes (beans, lentils, peas), rice, tofu, potatoes, bread & most fruit are cheap as f**k and that’s what I eat every day.
I like to try & keep my meals as plant-based as possible because its cheaper, but I do treat myself to the odd meat-substitute, and even then, spending £1.50 for 8 meat-free burgers isn’t going to make a massive difference to my total.
Being a vegan on a budget is possible if you know what ingredients to use and what meals to cook. With these cheap vegan recipes you can start thriving as a vegan without spending a fortune!
1. Firecracker Lettuce Wraps by Pinch Of Yum
2. Tofu Poke Bowl by The Simple Veganista
3. One Pan Mexican Quinoa by Vegan Heaven
4. Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by Budget Bytes
5. Creamy Cashew Mac + Cheese by The Vegan Afterglow
6. Broccoli With Garlic Sauce by Build Your Bite
7. Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff by Rhians Recipes
8. Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes by Minimalist Baker
9. Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos by Plays Well With Butter
10. Vegan Crunch Wrap by Pinch Of Yum
11. Lentil Coconut Curry by Beauty Bites
12. Vegan Carbonara by Anna Banana
13. Vegan Mexican Stuffed Peppers by Happy Healthy Mama
14. Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta by Minimalistic Baker
15. Vegan Falafel Bites by Cottercrunch
16. Chili Garlic Noodles by Salt & Lavender
17. Vegan Crispy “Chicken” Caesar Sandwich by Rabbit & Wolves
18. Loaded Mexican Style Potato Skins by Deliciously Ella
19. Spicy Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers by Ambitious Kitchen
20. Vegan One Pot Pasta by Sunkissed Kitchen
21. Sweet Potato Pizza Crust by Blissful Basil
22. Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta by Yup It’s Vegan
23. Easy Vegan Lentil Tacos by The Wanderlust Kitchen
Do you have any nifty saving tips for eating vegan on a budget? Comment below!