Regardless of whether you’re vegan or not, you’ve definitely heard other people say before that “eating healthy is expensive”. And veganism is commonly known for being expensive, but that’s just not the case.
I’m a frugal gal who loves cooking and eating, but you won’t catch me spending a ton of money on my shopping bill every week. Why? Because vegetables, leafy greens, legumes (beans, lentils, peas), rice, tofu, potatoes, bread & most fruit are cheap as f**k and that’s what I eat every day.
I like to try & keep my meals as plant-based as possible because its cheaper, but I do treat myself to the odd meat-substitute, and even then, spending £1.50 for 8 meat-free burgers isn’t going to make a massive difference to my total.
Being a vegan on a budget is possible if you know what ingredients to use and what meals to cook. With these cheap vegan recipes you can start thriving as a vegan without spending a fortune!
1. Vegan Carbonara by Anna Banana
2. Tofu Poke Bowl by The Simple Veganista
3. One Pan Mexican Quinoa by Vegan Heaven
4. Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by Budget Bytes
5. The Best Damn Vegan Nachos by The Vegan Afterglow
6. Broccoli With Garlic Sauce by Build Your Bite
7. Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff by Rhians Recipes
8. Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes by Minimalist Baker
9. Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta by Yup It’s Vegan
10. Vegan Crunch Wrap by Pinch Of Yum
11. Lentil Coconut Curry by Beauty Bites
12. Vegan Street Corn Pasta Salad by Sweet Simple Vegan
13. Vegan Mexican Stuffed Peppers by Happy Healthy Mama
14. Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta by Minimalistic Baker
15. Vegan Falafel Bites by Cottercrunch
16. Chili Garlic Noodles by Salt & Lavender
17. 5 Minute Mediterranean Bowl by Beauty Bites
18. Loaded Mexican Style Potato Skins by Deliciously Ella
19. Spicy Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers by Ambitious Kitchen
20. Vegan One Pot Pasta by Sunkissed Kitchen
21. Sweet Potato Pizza Crust by Blissful Basil
22. Vegan Teriyaki Bowl by Vegan Gretchen
23. Easy Vegan Lentil Tacos by The Wanderlust Kitchen
Do you have any nifty saving tips for eating vegan on a budget? Comment below!