Regardless of whether you’re vegan or not, you’ve definitely heard other people say before that “eating healthy is expensive”. And veganism is commonly known for being expensive, but that’s just not the case, and I’m going to show you 20+ cheap vegan meals to start cooking this week!
I’m a frugal gal who loves cooking and eating, but you won’t catch me spending a ton of money on my shopping bill every week. Why? Because vegetables, leafy greens, legumes (beans, lentils, peas), rice, tofu, potatoes, bread & most fruit are cheap as f**k and that’s what I eat every day. I like to try & keep my meals as plant-based as possible because its cheaper, but I do treat myself to the odd meat-substitute.
Being a vegan on a budget is possible if you know what ingredients to use and what meals to cook. With these cheap vegan recipes you can start thriving as a vegan without spending a fortune!
1. Firecracker Lettuce Wraps by Pinch Of Yum
2. Healthy Vegan Collard Wraps by Feasting At Home
3. One Pan Mexican Quinoa by Vegan Heaven
4. Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by Budget Bytes
5. Tofu + Roasted Vegetable Rainbow Bowl by The Vegan Afterglow
6. Broccoli With Garlic Sauce by Build Your Bite
7. Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff by Rhians Recipes
8. Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes by Minimalist Baker
9. Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Tacos by Plays Well With Butter
10. Creamy Cashew Mac + Cheese by The Vegan Afterglow
11. Vegan Red Thai Curry by From A Chef’s Kitchen
12. Vegan Carbonara by Anna Banana
13. Vegan Mexican Stuffed Peppers by Happy Healthy Mama
14. Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta by Minimalistic Baker
15. Lemon + Herb Tofu Buddha Bowl With Cauliflower Rice by The Vegan Afterglow
16. Chilli Garlic Noodles by Salt & Lavender
17. Vegan Crispy “Chicken” Caesar Sandwich by Rabbit & Wolves
18. Loaded Mexican Style Potato Skins by Deliciously Ella
19. Hearty Vegan Shepherdless Pie by The Vegan Afterglow
20. Vegan One Pot Pasta by Sunkissed Kitchen
21. Sweet Potato Pizza Crust by Blissful Basil
22. Golden Coconut Broth Bowl With Crispy Tofu by The First Mess
23. The Vegan Power Bowl by Well And Full
Do you have any nifty saving tips for eating vegan on a budget? Comment below!