These One-Pot Spicy Stuffed Peppers are an easy and filling weekday dinner option for the whole family. Made with beans, quinoa, sweetcorn and tomatoes, it’s healthy + low calorie. This recipe is vegan, plant-based + naturally gluten-free!
- nutritarian friendly – perfect for anyone following a nutritarian lifestyle
- low calorie, low sodium + low sugar – each stuffed pepper is only 200 calories so it’s a great recipe for weight loss
- healthy – these are a great alternative to the usually high fat stuffed peppers recipe smothered in cheese
- vegan and gluten-free – also suitable for those on a whole-food plant-based diet
- perfect for meal prep – an amazing recipe you can cook quickly and reheat later
- plant-based protein – packed with kidney beans and quinoa
MEAL PREP TIP:
If you are planning on using this recipe for meal prep then i’d recommend you only put the peppers in the oven for around 10 minutes. This way, you can heat up the stuffed peppers in the oven without them becoming overcooked during the week.
Or if you want to make your evening meal less stressful, you could prep the mixture before hand, then you can stuff your peppers when you’re ready to eat.
- Nutritional yeast
- Vegan feta cheese
- Cashew sour cream
- Or if you’re feeling brave spicy sriracha sauce
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS:
The great thing about this recipe is that you can stuff your peppers with pretty much any mixture and it’s going to come out tasting banging, but here are a few substitute suggestions:
- Use any coloured peppers depending on your taste preference
- Try black beans or pinto beans instead of kidney beans
- Use brown rice or cauliflower rice instead of quinoa
- Use microwave packets for your grains to save time during meal prep sessions
- If you want your mixture to be more smokey and less spicy then omit the hot paprika and hot chilli powder for 2 tsp of smoked paprika instead.
- Add finely diced jalapenos for extra spicy stuffed peppers.